Getting in front of the media takes more than a little Irish Luck. This webinar will review how to increase the exposure of your brand with advertising, public relations and by engaging the media. You’ll learn practical tips and insights; no four leaf clover necessary!
In this 30 minute webinar, we review:
How to build an advertising campaign to compliment your digital marketing content.
Advertising should never be an afterthought – Plan it out!
- Determine Goals
- Define Demographics
- Set a budget
- Decide on an advertising platform
- Create ad content
- Measure your outcomes and ROI
Leveraging traditional advertising venues
- The shift in traditional media
- Keeping branding consistent between traditional and digital
- Incorporating digital components to traditional campaigns
Different strategies on increasing visibility with both traditional and digital media
What kind of media are we talking about?
- Digital media (FB, Twitter, forums, Reddit, blogs, etc).
- Traditional media (Radio, television, news sources, print, etc.)
Coming up with a clear plan
- Select the platforms that best match your brand and presence.
- Engage organically with media sources
- Start the conversations
- Give people a reason to engage
- Track where your content is going
- Track your content with gShift
Content is King! Create natural content that is native to whichever platform you select:
- Facebook | Nice pictures, links, and good description
- Twitter | Be sure to use at least one hashtag
- Instagram | Great stylized image & lots of hashtags
- Pinterest | Nice large pictures
- LinkedIn | Professional/corporate feel
Thinking outside the box for media platforms:
- Forums, Reddit, blogs, etc.
- Industry specific social media (Houzz, Dribble, etc.)
Using public relations to facilitate media relationships and guide the direction your digital messaging.
- Building and creating relationships with thought leaders in the industry.
- Creating mutually beneficial relationships (I scratch your back you scratch mine).
- Create a Press Release.
- How does the source benefit from picking up this content?
- Present unified messaging
- All communications and should align with brand messaging
- One of the highest CTR and ROI when compared to other marketing tactics
- Able to reach your exact audience
Bringing it all together
- Carefully planned and executed ads and PR strategies lead to a higher probability of success in getting picked up with the media.
- The more success experienced with advertisements, and PR, the more BUZZ you will experience with the media.
- Getting noticed by the media is not simply based on luck. Carefully thinking through your strategy will ensure you find your pot of gold.