Last week we hosted our first Client Success Webinar of 2015. We took at look at how to become an approachable brand using digital content marketing and by developing a social distribution strategy.
In this webinar, we reviewed the following:
1. Written Content Types
- Blog articles, guides, eBooks, case studies, testimonials, etc.
- Keywords: write for the reader and keywords will happen naturally
- Use short paragraphs, bullets, and images to keep reader’s focus
- Link to authoritative sites to lend support to your topic or opinion
- Proofread and edit; spelling and grammar can make or break a piece
2. Visual Media & Audio Content Types
- Videos, infographics, podcasts, images, memes, presentations, etc.
- Present a professional image, don’t put out sloppy work
- Review and edit any graphics, video, and audio for spelling and grammar
- Remember to brand visual media
- Be creative and step outside the box
3. Determining Your Social Network Personality
- Like traditional marketing you need to identify target markets
- When identifying target markets learn what social media and other content channels they frequent
- After completing target market research develop 2-3 personalities/personas
- Using your ‘personalities’ establish a content strategy that is built around them
- Schedule content during times they are on social media, not necessarily business hours
- Be adaptable to change and update your personalities as new technologies and social platforms emerge
4. Implementing Your Content Strategy
- Written content channels include your website but also social media, article sharing websites and directories and eBook distributors
- Visual media & audio content channels include your website but also, social media, podcast stations and the potential to provide this digital content as traditional media such as television and radio
- Know best times for social media: Twitter: 1-3pm, Facebook: 1-4pm, Pinterest: 8-11pm
- Establish a regular publishing schedule
- Quality content will always trump fluff content
- Social media content will be different for each channel but be regularly active across all channels
- Provide different content across different channels to give a reason for people to follow all your channels
- Use data metrics provided directly in social media accounts (Facebook Insights)
- gShift Web Presence Analytics Software can help with: External Page Tracking, On-site Page Tracking, Social Signal Tracking, Analytics Goal, etc.