As I near two months with the gShift team as an Influencer Analyst, I wanted to start contributing to the blog as often as possible. As a co-op student majoring in marketing, I’m continually fascinated by the wide array of disciplines under such a broad umbrella and am consistently striving to learn more about the large landscape of marketing. While learning about marketing, I often come across quotes by professionals that help me get a grasp on real-world insights, so I decided to collect them and write them down.
As someone new to the industry, I wanted to share 20 of my favourite quotes on digital marketing specifically. I come from a hockey background, where I’ve had plenty of coaches and influences in my life who have motivated me to perform my best. With this being said, I’ve always been a fan of quotes (especially motivational ones) to reset yourself when times are tough or you simply need a bit of encouragement. The great thing about someone else’s words turned famous is you can learn a new perspective on something.
So here we go. I hope these 20 quotes help you to learn something insightful and/or maybe even be the words of advice you were needing.
Best Consumer-Focused Digital Marketing Quotes
- “With a million resources at the click of the button, the consumer is now the focus of marketing campaigns, instead of the product. Consumers are smarter than ever before, continuing on the trend that we’ve seen through history; and don’t respond to obvious product placements; instead, they respond to more authentic forms of marketing.”- Ana Gotter
- “Good marketing makes the company look smart. Great marketing makes the customer feel smart” – Joel Chernov
- “The aim of marketing is to know and understand the customer so well the product or service fits him and sells itself.” – Peter Drucker
- “We want to know what consumers are looking for, what their values are, and how can we meet their needs. It’s not just about Big Data; it’s about translating that into the truth.” – Gayle Fuguitt
- “Meaningful relationships are two-way, and that means constantly looking for ways to improve your customers’ lives.” – Peter Friedman
- “Innovation needs to be part of your culture. Consumers are transforming faster than we are, and if we don’t catch up, we’re in trouble.” – Ian Schafer
- “When you are writing keeping asking yourself ‘so what’ until you are sure what is in it for the customer.” – Ann Handley
Best Content Marketing Quotes
- “Visual content can act as a ‘gateway’ to more valuable content. When planning visual content to post on social platforms, think in terms of how it can drive traffic back to your website, products, and services.” – Donna Moritz
- “Create content that teaches. You can’t give up. You need to be consistently awesome.” – Neil Patel
- “Content marketing is a commitment, not a campaign.” – Jon Buscall
- “Focus on the core problem your business solves and put out lots of content and enthusiasm and ideas about how to solve that problem.” – Laura Fitton
- “You can’t sell anything if you can’t tell anything.” – Beth Comstock
- “The only way to win at content marketing is for the reader to say, ‘This was written specifically for me.’” – Jamie Turner
Best SEO & Website Traffic Quotes
- “Today it’s not about ‘get the traffic’ – it’s about ‘get the targeted and relevant traffic.’” – Adam Audette
- “SEO is a marketing function for sure, but it needs to be baked into a product, not slapped on like icing after the cake is baked.” – Duane Forrester
- “The objective is not to ‘make your links appear natural’; the objective is that your links are natural.” – Matt Cutts
Best Social Media Marketing Quotes
- “Social media doesn’t transform your business overnight. It could take months to see any real growth or measurable results. But that doesn’t mean it’s not working. It just takes time.” – Jenn Herman
- “Social Media is about sociology and psychology more than technology.” – Brian Solis
Take a Risk With Digital Marketing
- “Take a risk and keep testing, because what works today won’t work tomorrow, but what worked yesterday may work again.” – Amrita Sahasrabudhe
- “Search marketing, and most Internet marketing, in fact, can be very threatening because there are no rules. There’s no safe haven. To do it right, you need to be willing to be wrong. But search marketing done right is all about being wrong. Experimentation is the only way.” – Mike Moran
We hope you found these digital marketing quotes insightful. Please leave a comment on your favourites below!