We are well on our way to World Domination and are looking to expand our team of top notch individuals.
gShift is looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our team. Our ideal candidate is a highly motivated, goal-oriented, team-focused engineer with a passion for supporting customer facing services, processes, systems and infrastructure. This position will work to assure the small monitoring, overall availability and performance of production services against availability and quality SLAs. They will respond to alerts or events that impair or degrade service or could cause outages impacting availability. They will identify root causes, single points of failure and eliminate them through remediation and execution.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be supporting one or more of the company’s SaaS Products. The products are hosted in AWS and span across all the popular technology stacks and deployment architectures. You will be working within the team of high-skilled professionals, providing lightning fast operations support for gShift software products, fulfilling day-to-day requests, working on automating chores and participating in infrastructure re-engineering projects. You will be working in a “SaaS Support” environment providing high personal availability and readiness to provide response, should any critical issues arise.
- Working with product outages, provide resolution and root cause analysis, including post-mortem description and further mitigation/prevention actions
- Server deployments and upgrades
- Database consolidations and related issues
- Build solutions to problems that interrupt availability, performance, and stability in our systems, services, and products at scale
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the application, systems, database architecture and the general application functionality of our products.
- Keeping the product operating documentation and knowledge base up-to-date
- Overseeing product monitoring systems to provide swift responses to critical alerts to prevent product outages
- Working in contact with other team members to ensure smooth and documented changes to all environments
Required Experience and Education:
- Experience building and maintaining production systems on Digital Ocean & AWS using EC2, RDS, S3, ELB, Cloud Formation, etc.
- Experience administering Linux (Centos, RHEL, Ubuntu) systems
- Excellent knowledge of web application technology, including IIS, Tomcat, Apache, Elasticsearch, nginx, haproxy etc.
- Good network and filesystem skills
- Experience with various scripting / prototyping languages such as php, perl, bash, node etc.
- Experience with operations tools (Nagious, Munin, GreyLog, Chef
- DBA experience is a plus
Good to Have:
- Effective time-management skills
- Good communication skills
- Remote working experience
- Quick learning skills
- Salary competitive and based on experience
- Health Benefits
- Vacation Time
You should be the type of person who has a drive to learn new technologies and be quick on your feet to react to changing requirements and priorities. A strong foundation with the ability to learn new technologies and concepts will be an asset.
Send your resume to email@example.com. No Placement Agencies please.