In this webinar, we reviewed social amplification and how you can use it to increase the exposure of your brand’s digital marketing strategy. Watch the video of the full webinar recording or review the high-level overview points below.
What is Social Amplification?
- Using social marketing channels to increase word-of-mouth exposure through employees, customers, industry partners, fans and influencers.
- Each individual sharer extends your messaging to their personal network, who can then promote it to their network and so on.
- Builds your authority, increases social signals and improves brand awareness.
How to Promote Social Amplification
- Encourage employees and brand partners to share content and messaging socially.
- Identify industry-related conversations and peers to engage with through social media channels.
- Influencer marketing – identify paid and organic influencers.
- Paid content amplification – boosted/sponsored posts on social media.
- Influencers are individuals who have the power to impact the purchase and engagement decisions of others due to their perceived authority within a particular topic.
- Brand influencers are individuals who have an audience aligned with your target market.
- Influencer marketing is developing a strategy to engage and build relationships with influencers and create campaigns they may participate in.
- Build a strategy involving both paid and organic influencers; understanding how each is different.
Use Digital Events Drive User Engagement
- Organized gatherings of people who are not in the same physical location, but rather connected through a common space online:
- Digital Conferences
- Social Parties (e.g. Twitter Chats)
- Can help build your brand’s authority within your industry, generate leads and increase brand awareness.
- Digital campaigns can also be created around offline events, to increase the event’s exposure using your online network through social coverage:
- Company Events
- Local Community Events
- Decide if your event will be for current clients, prospects or your entire target market.
- Use email and social tools to invite attendees.
How to Manage Promotions for Social Marketing
- Using promotional items and campaigns to increase the exposure of your brand and messaging.
- Digital Promotion Campaigns:
- promo codes
- digital giveaways
- Offline Promotional Materials:
- creative swag
- promotional collateral
- physical giveaways
- Less is more! Do not overuse hashtags, giveaways, promo items.
- Digital events can be used to promote your brand’s upcoming offline event:
- Mentioning booth #s and giveaway details for trade shows your company will be exhibiting at.
- Creating digital promo images/content to promote offline events.
- Offline collateral can be used to help extend the reach of your digital promotional efforts:
- Include brand hashtags and social handles on printed collateral and promo items.
- Create physical promotional materials to promote larger digital events, such as online conferences, regular webinars, etc.
Leveraging Influencers for Digital Events and Promotions
- You can maximize your social amplification efforts by utilizing organic and paid influencers for your digital/offline events and promotional efforts.
- Establish a process for engaging influencers based on the strategy you have developed.
- Create a comprehensive outline of your campaign (event or promo).
- Inform influencers of the promotional efforts for your campaign.
- Have influencers use their own promotional efforts and reach to promote digital/offline events.